- The network name to connect to
- The network password
1. Tap on Settings
2. Select WiFi in Settings. It will show the current network you are connected to (or Not Connected). On the right, you'll see a list of WiFi Networks.
If you are connected, a checkmark will show to the left of that Network. Here I'm connected to the Book Corner-named network.
For iPhone or iPod Touch, the WiFi Setting screens appear like this. The first screen shows the WiFi network you are connected to (if any). Tap on the WiFi selection (if iPhone/iPod Touch).
3. Tap on the WiFi Network Name you want to connect to. I will tap on the "On the Go MiFi DE58 Secure" Network. This is the network of the place I am visiting that I have been given a password for.
4. Enter the password for the Network and select Join.
5. I like to test things out when I join a new network. Try something that uses the Internet and make sure it works. Here I fired up Yelp, which requires the Internet, and I can see it's working okay.
Back home now. The cool thing: as the message on the screen says, when you return to a network you've used before, your iPad (or iPhone / iPod Touch) remembers and will connect you automatically. You walk in the door, and the iPad knows it's home and connects you! Here we can see Book Corner home network is back online without me having to do anything.
So if you have hesitated taking your iOS device on the road, feel free now to bring it with you. Just follow these steps to connect to the Internet wherever you have WiFi connectivity!